Thursday, February 19, 2009

in a nut shell

I managed to skip both of my classes today. My morning class I skipped by accident & then I figured I might as well start my weekend even earlier and not go to my 2o'clock. But that is the first time I've skipped either of those classes the whole semester. First and last.

I'm doing very well in my classes and I didn't even realize because I haven't been checking my grades on blackboard. I'm quite pleased but I don't want to get lazy and mess up so I'm not going to think about it.

The weeks go by way too fast. I mean it's a bit ridiculous. I need to get a job to occupy more of my time during the week. My weekends are always packed now and I just rest between classes during the week. It's just funny to me. But anyway I feel so confident about my major now. I know that I'm going to do exceptionally well as a PR practitioner. That's really a great feeling to have since I'm investing so much into school right now. yay!

And the world of dance is still spinning furiously...FLAVA had a photo shoot Sunday and that went well. I'm waiting to get the pictures back from my photog. He said they turned out great. So I'm gonna go pick them up & then we can get our website together. I suggested we wear scarves in our next performance and so at practice we incorporated them into a dance and its so sick. I can't wait to perform it. I also am supposed to meet up with that producer to learn his songs on Saturday. I really don't feel like my heart is in his music at this point but I'm hoping that will change. I just really want to focus on dancing right now. I wish I still had an apartment that I could be loud in so that I could sing more often tho. I kind of feel trapped in a cage sometimes. It's really very irritating. But my apartment is still amazing no matter what. :-)

So tonight there is this dance party at Nara. I don't know if I'm going or not but I may check it out. I am gonna head over to the Intercultural Festival in the commons in a bit probably. They have free food and really good performances I hear. Tomorrow there is another dance party @ 534 I'm gonna check out then Saturday I'm goin to a burlesque show called Lore. It better be good. The girls on the website look... interesting. At least they are professional dancers tho with training and the shows 17 acts will come together to create an actual story line. The last burlesque performance I saw at the Sex Workers Art show last year was just some heavy set chic who was running around stage doing moves neone could've done and it was hardly entertaining. This one sounds really artistic so that is the only reason I'm going. That and there is a dance party right after the show. :-)

Sunday is the circus! Now I am not a LOVER of the circus because of the obvious ethical questions it poses but I haven't been in years so I am going to go I think. It does cost like 25 bucks tho which I am reluctant about spending but we'll see.

As for me, well, right now I'm really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment