Tuesday, July 28, 2009

untitled

In the midst of writing songs today, I scrolled through my journal and stumbled upon this poem I wrote a little while ago. I don't think I liked it much when I first wrote it, but today I'm really feelin' it. So, I'm posting it:

I have such intimate dreams
in which reality deems itself prisoner
to an overbearing fantasy.

I rationalize, as the stars capitalize on my
vulnerability.

dreams which enlighten my soul,
dreams that make me feel whole,
dreams that make me wish I didn't dream,
that way reality wouldn't seem so dismal.

The calamity of a broken home
The truth we seek, but see only in undertones
The void we feel; that of a king who's lost his throne
We're all thrown, so now,
I walk alone...

To my dreams.
I am the portrait which the rest of the room
is centered around,
Dreams may come and go
Yet I remain unchanged,
Everything around me is simply rearranged,
As one dream goes and the next ordains.

No comments:

Post a Comment