Wednesday, July 15, 2009

;-)

I should sleep.

But...I have insomnia of course. I am just so energized right now. I'm about to choreograph a dance & do it over & over in hopes that I will be so exhausted after, I'll fall right out. I have so much passion festering inside of me, I don't even know where to place it. I've been doing so much writing lately. I finished so many songs that me & Alex are recording and it really feels good. I really am as talented as I believed I was deep down inside, which is refreshing & exciting. I have a true passion for life again; it's delicious!

I got my group a gig at a new burlesque show beginning August 8th. Our relationship with Lyric Ave has been somewhat destroyed because grown folk just don't know how to act: a sad truth, but it matters not. This show we are at least guaranteed to walk away with ca$h money, not much, but money is money. The best part is that the lady is charge of booking acts liked our video so much, she said we don't even have to strip we can just dance and get paid. Our dances are already pretty sexy anyway so we'll wear just enough that we feel comfortable and I know we'll wow the crowd because...well, we are FLAVA. I'm very excited. The more exposure we can get, the better. Also, since this is a monthly show we can expand and really grow creatively because we'll have to come up with fresh concepts more frequently. I am trying to get to a position where I can use my dancing as my livelihood for a while until I can get my music together. I mainly write ballads but Alex has really good music I can definitely dance to so we're going to write upbeat songs together and hopefully it'll be magic. I know it will. I'm just so excited for the future.

I'm still penniless...but my dad has two g's at the bank in Mozambique waiting for me. I just have to get it together. Until then...I'll be vivendo bem com pouco!

No comments:

Post a Comment